Team Resilience Case Study
Pioneer Investments, owned by Unicredit, has been the first client to jump into the Team Resilience Research programme. As a mid size investment player, they have experienced the knocks of the recent market turmoil, with external pressures around their market position, and an internal review about its viability under the Unicredit ownership. Two years on and having ably survived substantial cost-cutting and refocus, the Multi Asset team were feeling the need to reflect and learn from their experience, to become reenergised, and to ensure that they wouldn’t suffer the same level of fatigue with any future setback.
The Team Resilience Research programme’s enquiry process has been adopted. This involved the team contracting around the work, 2 individual sessions for each individual to reflect on their own resilience plus that of the team’s, 14 stakeholders’ input, and two full team sense making sessions.
Pioneer is experiencing already the following impact:
- Commitment from each member to improve and sustain their own resilience
- Commitment from team to support the boss in new ways of working that involve a higher degree of autonomy
- An increased collective leadership and strategic capability through debate – leading to higher leverage of all the team’s assets, and a first step towards a collective learning capability
- The creation of a ‘ team glue’ around expertise in managing assets
- Commitment to stakeholders to simplify
- Awareness of the need for groundedness in the marketplace for the sake of the organisation’s resilience
All this at first stage!