Resilience Means no stress – Week 2
In this week during April, stress awareness month, the Resilience Engine gets into what triggers stress the most. It’s pretty straightforward in the clients we work with, leaders and managers across all sectors. It’s down to overload.
It’s related to one of the top three barriers to resilience.
This barrier is a cracker. We fundamentally overestimate the capacity we have in ourselves, versus the capacity required to execute what’s on our to-do list. The rot sets in and things get worse until we experience overwhelm.
• We start off having expectations of working a bit harder, a bit longer
• We get more tired.
• In our tiredness, we lose sight of what capacity is actually required for our tasks. We continue to say ‘yes’.
• The gap between what is required and what we actually have gets even bigger
• We get more tired
• We lose sight of the criteria for what is urgent and important
• We stop getting energy back from the things we do because we’re not doing any of them well any more. We drag ourselves around.
• The gap between what is needed and what we actually have becomes bigger again.
• And so it goes.
Overload. High resilience folk do not experience this. They have all sorts of ways to interrupt this rotten spiral.
The Resilience Engine enables high performance and wellbeing. This is what resilience delivers. So instead of just talking about stress this month, why not invest in resilience? Talk to us today.